- 1983-4 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
In 1983 Terry Crowley started a project to record with photographs the people who did voluntary work in the community. He made up four photograph albums with information written by each entry. These can be looked at in the Vesey room.
The other albums can be seen in entry numbers 2018.1458, 2018.1460 and 2018.1461. Simply put the number in the search box and click on the magnifying glass next to it.
1. Rev Andrew Scoot, vicar of St Mary The Virgin.
Mrs Sarah Evans, Chandler Close, sacristan. 1983
2. Mrs Margaret Edwards, South Elms, Broad Street. Practice nurse, church worker & delegate, WI member. 1983
3. L-R Mrs Wendy Crowley, Myra Causer, Mrs Vera Elward Bampton born with Sunday school pupils. Circa late 1960s. 1983
4. Jack Horne, Colvile Close, Bampton born, lorry driver and building worker. Member of horticultural society and donor of the Challenge Cup. 1983
5. Col Michael Roberts OBE from Box House, Bridge Street. Chairman of RBL, parish councillor.
Ernie Hunt (found to be Ernie Bishop on his birth certificate), Bampton born, RAF worker, RBL member, SPAJER member. 1983
6. Mrs Jane Whiteley, Sandfords. WI member, church worker. 1983.
7. Arthur Beckley BEM, Church Street, Bampton born. Water engineer, fire brigade chief. 1983
8. Adrian Simmonds, provision store keeper west end of Market Square. 1983
9. Mrs Frances Henly, Deanery farm Broad Street & later Coal Pit Lane. Farmer’s wife, church worker & delegate, local charity administrator, Darby & Joan club member, WI member, Red Cross worker. 1983
10. Anthony Wakeham, College farmhouse, Weald. Potter. 1983
11. Mrs Hilda Pickard, Knapps farmhouse. Churchwarden, church flower arranger, WI member.
Sid Pickard, design engineer, church worker, member of Witney orchestra. 1983
12. Warren Green, Gothurst, Church View. Musician and public school music teacher, organist at St Mary’s, local historian. 1983
13. Mrs Audrey Taylor, Glebelands. Secretary, librarian, church worker & delegate, parish magazine editor, parish councillor, WI member, organiser Darby & Joan club. 1983
14. Miss Hilda Kent, Cromwell House, Cheapside. Driving instructor, charity worker, SPAJER member, West Oxon Arts Ass. Committee member. 1983
15. Mrs Ann Shergold, Dunlaoghaire, Primrose Lane. WI member, pumpkin club, cook at Weald Manor.
Francis Shergold. Head gardener at Weald Manor for almost 50 years, church worker, bellringer, squire of Bampton Traditional Morris, SPAJER member. 1983
16. Mrs Emily (Emmie) Papworth neé Bishop, Bampton born. Newsagent on Bridge Street, used to run the Baptist Sunday school. 1983
17. William ‘Bill’ Lock, Church View. Builder C1972
18. Mrs Frances Cole, Glebelands. Wife of Dr Cole. President of WI, Red Cross worker, chiropody clinic organiser, OAP worker. 1983
19. Mrs Marian Stevens, Cheapside. Home-help.
Miss Dorothea Bell, Lavender Place flats. Church worker, assistant treasurer, WI member. 1983
20. Mrs Josephine Allam, Bampton born, Church Street.
Anthony Allam, baker for Mrs Constable in the Market Square. 1983
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Bampton Community Archive (Creator)