This map was produced in 1922 and shows the field system as well as the parliamentary boundaries as at 1918.
There are many interesting notes written on in pencil. The water tower and gas works along the Aston Road were in existence. The allotment gardens NW of Beam Cottage are labelled as is the gravel pit to the SW of Beam Cottage.
There are no houses to the north of New Road and none to the south of it going east from Bushey Row.
Rushy Weir is shown clearly as is the tow path to the south side of the river Thames.
Between 1926 and 1938 Bertie Clark, although not a Bampton man, played for the Bampton Morris Men and he can be seen here on the left. The dancers are on the South side of the Market Square in front of Folly View semi-detached houses.
Mrs Rogers lived in Brook House on Bridge Street where she sold sweets and newspapers. Bampton is 18 miles from Oxford and 18 from Swindon and somehow, Mrs Brooks managed to get a sugar allowance during WWII from both Swindon and Oxford which enabled her to make and sell lots of sweets.
Brook House is the one on the left of the picture, across the road.
She is on the left in this picture with Mr and Mrs Albert Townsend from across the road at Castle View Farm. They are standing just inside the wall of the farm.
These are just two photographs taken during the Easter Bonnet competition in 1993. John Tanner and his children Nelson and Stephanie can be seen in one picture and Helen Buckingham, Stephanie again and Ann Jackson amongst other can be seen in the second one.
Each year, usually in November, the Bampton Traditional Morris Men had a party with singing and dancing and a lovely buffet. Swindon Folk Club members were invited along with a few other special friends associated with the side. These pictures were all take at their 1996 party in the Village Hall, Market Square