Showing 27 results

Archival description
Maps
Print preview View:

25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Maps of East Half of Bampton 1921

  • BCA - 2022.3814
  • Item
  • 1921

3 Large ordnance Survey Maps used by Hadgood and Mammatt Auctioneers and Estate Agents from Witney. Published in 1921 price £5/- and £6/8d. Points of interest are Highmoor Brook, Plantation, Ham Court, Deanery Farm, Churchgate, Vicarage, Manor House, and Weald Manor House, old gravel pit and Beam Cottage, Calais Farm, Primrose Cottages, Fisher's Bridge

Janet Westman

Maps by Janet Westman of Brize Norton, Cassington, Eynsham, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Witney

  • BCA - 2020.2405
  • Item
  • 1985 1987 1992 1993 1994

Huge thanks to Janet Westman for allowing us to put her maps on this website for all to see for free when they are still available for sale, either as black and white or hand coloured by Janet. The Witney map you can see her in black and white and coloured.

The maps are of
Brize Norton
Cassington
Eynsham
Gloucestershire
Oxfordshire
Witney

Bampton Community Archive

Map with the sale of 5 residential and agricultural properties 1962

  • BCA - 2020.2400
  • Item
  • June 14th 1962

This map was produce by Morre, Allan and Innocent to accompany the sale for 5 residential and agricultural properties May 14th 1962. They are all east and south east of Bampton's main residential area.
Lot 1 is Meadow Farm
Lot 2 is to the north of the Aston road and include Ampney Lodge
Lot 3 is a strip with Calais farm
Lot 4 is a field approximately where Bampton Garden Centre is today
Love 5 is a group of fields to the south of the Great Brook

Bampton Community Archive

Map with sale of Lower Haddon Farm March 1949

  • BCA - 2020.2404
  • Item
  • March 1949

Lower Haddon Farm in the very north of the Bampton area was sold in March 1949. One of these maps was produced by Jackson-Stops of Cirencester the auctioneers and the other was a hand drawn one. They show the names of the fields and what was being grown in them at the time.

Bampton Community Archive

Map of Weald from Plantation south to Cowleaze Corner, east to the Elephant & Castle

  • BCA - 2020.2398
  • Item
  • 1921

This map of 1921 covers the area from Plantation south to Cowleaze Corner and east as far as the Elephant and Castle.

What was a watercourse off the Highmoor Brook to land with The Deanery can be clearly seen and was used for fish farming.

Cobb House is the only vicarage by now, the other two houses of the three-portion being in private hands, one Churchgate house the other now called Kilmore House.

Glebelands houses were not yet built, they didn't come until the 1960s.

The lake with Weald Manor House to its left used to freeze over and the owners of the Manor House used to invite locals to skate on it. Mr & Mrs Colvile lent the field to the west of the lake to the local football club but as it wasn't large enough for the side to play in a certain league, they had to find a new home and for a while used a field at the east end of New Road.

Bampton Community Archive

Map of Bampton Estate at 1789

  • BCA - 2019.1890
  • Item
  • 1789

This map shows the Bampton Estates at 1789. This is before the fields were enclosed and the names of the people who farmed the strips or the name of the field area are on the map. The Quies fields are each side of the Bampton to Brize Norton road, just north of what is now Hobbs Buildings.
The Clanfield to Bampton road is showing top to bottom on the map whereas it really runs east west, so you need to get your head around that, literally.
What we now call Welcome Way is called Wiltham Way - it runs south from Cowleaze Corner into Weald.
Weald Common Meadow was south of what we now think of as the area containing the two Bampton Business Parks.
The Bampton to Buckland road is showing going left to right on the map when it actually runs NW to SE; it had a turnpike.

Bampton Community Archive

Map 1913 Edition Marsh Lane East incl Weald and Clanfield Road

  • BCA - 2022.3812
  • Item
  • 1913

Ordnance Survey Map showing Area from Marsh Lane, Weald and Clanfield Road,
used by Habgood and Mammatt Chartered Auctioneers and Estate Agents of Witney
Some Pencil markings showing land belonging to Parker, Abingdon Poor, Litchfield, Buckingham, Townsend, and "Little Weald" Auction 15/6/62.
Printed and published by Ordnance Survey Office Southampton 1913 Price 3/-

Janet Westman

Lew School and Post Office & Post Office Farm on a 1914 map

  • BCA - 2020.2403
  • Item
  • 1914

These are two parts of one map created in 1914. I've picked them out to show where the school used to be in Lew, next to University Farm and the Post Office a little to the east just before you get to Trinity Church.

Bampton Community Archive

Four OS maps of Bampton 1971

  • BCA - 2020.2401
  • Item
  • 1971

These four maps were all produce in 1971 and cover

Ordinance Survey Plan SP3002-3102 Weald, Hayway Lane, Weald St, Clanfield Road
Ordinance Survey Plan SP3003-3103. Bridge St east to end of houses, north to new school, Colvile Close
Ordinance Survey Plan SP3203-3303. 1971 Mt Owen Rd east inc. Gogg Lane, Aston Rod to Aston
Ordinance Survey Plan SP3002-3102 1971. Cowleaze Corner, Weald to Aston, north to Horse Shoe PH

Fields, property and farms are all clearly marked.

Bampton Community Archive

Results 11 to 20 of 27