- 1946 1954 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The house now called 'Sandford' was bought for Mr & Mrs Bernard and Molly Rose by Molly's brother of Marshall's Flying School Limited. Bernard had not long been demobbed and he had been a POW in Stendal, Germany. Molly was in the ATA and flew many planes.
The colour picture was taken from a bedroom in Sandford looking across Sandford field in 1962.
The other two letters are from Leopold Stokowski and Vaughan Williams, both of whom rated Bernard's musical talent very highly.
The view across Sandford Field shows Sandford about 1913, long before Molly and Bernard moved in.
The newspaper clipping was lent to the Archive by Freda Bradley and Mrs Bruns was her cousin Jean.