Showing 15 results

Archival description
Weald
Print preview View:

15 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Death of Liberty Baker

  • BCA - 2022.3936
  • Item
  • 2014

Newspaper cutting reporting death of Liberty Baker in Witney

Janet Westman

Gardener's ,Lascelles' and Kelly's Gazetteer 1982-1985

  • BCA - 2022.3848
  • Item
  • 1982-1985

Scanned copy of old document containing extracts from Gardener's Gazetteer of Oxon 1852, Lascelles' Gazetteer of Oxon 1853 and Kelly's Directory of Oxon 1895. Listing businesses and trades in Bampton and surrounding villages, and the following surnames are included
Adams
Andrews
Arkell
Baines
Baker
Bateman
Beckinsale
Beechey
Beresford
Biddulph
Bradshaw
Bryant
Bullem
Burrow
Butt
Carter
Chandler
Clack
Clifford
Clinch
Collins
Cook
Cook
Cowley
Cox
Coxeter
Cripps
Croft
Dewe
Dickens
Dipper
Dumbleton
Dutton
Edgington
Eldridge
Evans
Forest
Fox
Frampton
Francis
Frederick
Gerring
Giles
Gillet
Grove
Hambridge
Hardman
Harris
Holliday
Hollis
Hudson
Hutchings
Jackson
Jeeves
Jones
Knight
Lambeth
Leforestier
Long
Lord
Luckett
May
Miller
Newport
Oakey
Patt
Perkins
Pettyfer
Pinnock
Pinnocks
Plaster
Pnnock
Prior
Pusey
Reed
Richards
Robins
Rose and Bullen
Sellard
Shepherd
Smith
Southby
Sparrowhawk
Spiers
Spurret
Steede
Stevens
Stone
Swinburn
Taylor
Teall
Thompson
Townsend
Trafford
Vesey
Waite
Walker
Walsh
Ward
Werman
Whitaker
Widdows
Wilkins
Williams
Winstanley
Winterborne
Young 

Janet Westman

Ordnance Survey PlanSP3002-3102 Weald, Hayway Lane, Weald St, Clanfield Rd. 1971

  • BCA - 2022.3824
  • Item
  • 1971

Ordnance Survey PlanSP3002-3102
extending from Weald, Hayway Lane, Weald St, Clanfield Rd. dated 1972 and showing the following properties and places:
Ashtree
Aulnoy
Backhouse Farm
Bournemead
Brook Farm
Brook Hoiuse
Buckland Road
Caravan Park
Cheyne Lane
Clanfield Road
College Farm House
Corner Farm
Cowleaze Corner
Dunlaoghaire
Fisher's Bridge
Gate Cottage
Glebe Farm
Ham Court
Ham Court Cottages
Highmoor House
Knapps Farm
Lime Tree Cottages
Mill Bridge
Mill Green
Orchard Cottage
Rose Cottage
Shill Brook
Shrangri-la
Spring Cottages
St Frideswide
Stable Cottage
Sunnyside
Thatch Cottage
The Old Farmhouse
Weald Farm
Weald Manor Cottage
Weald Manor
Weald Manor Farm

Janet Westman

Ordnance Survey Plan SP3002-3102 1971. Cowleaze Corner Weald to Aston Road

  • BCA - 2022.3829
  • Item
  • 1971

Ordnance Survey Plan SP3002-3102 dated 1971. Cowleaze Corner, Weald to Aston, north to Horse Shoe
and showing the following places and buildings
Ashtree
Aulnoy
Backhouse Farm
Bournemead
Brook Farm
Brook House
Buckland Road
Caravan Park
Cheyne Lane
Clanfield Road
College Farm House
Corner Farm
Cowleaze Corner
Cricket Field
Dunlaoghaire
Fisher's Bridge
Gate Cottage
Glebe Cottage
Glebe Farm
Ham Court
Ham Court Cottages
Highmoor House
Knapps Farm
Lime Tree Cottages
Mill Bridge
Mill Green
Orchard Cottage
Primrose Cottages
Rose Cottage
Shill Brook
Shrangi-la
Spring Cottages
St Frideswide
Stable Cottage
Sunny view
Sunnyside
Thatch Cottage
The Bungalow
The Lodge
The Old Farmhouse
Weald Farm
Weald Farm Cottages
Weald Manor
Weald Manor Cottage
Weald Manor Farm

Janet Westman

Conveyance of South Terrace and Wedding Cert. Joan Willmer and Ernest Pocock

  • BCA - 2022.3808
  • Item
  • 1951

Marriage Certificate of Ernest Allen Pocock of Yew Tree Farm, Clanfield and Joan Barnard Willmer of Friars Court , Clanfield.
Their Fathers Allen William Pocock and Richard Newman Willmer were both farmers.
They married at the Methodist Chapel in Clanfield AR Hopkins, was Minister and Harry A Steptoe was Registrar. 1951.
Abstract of the title of Mrs Mary Elizabeth Willmer dated 1959 and Conveyance of South Terrace, Weald - a piece of land where a group of 6 cottages once stood.

Janet Westman

Map of Weald from Plantation south to Cowleaze Corner, east to the Elephant & Castle

  • BCA - 2020.2398
  • Item
  • 1921

This map of 1921 covers the area from Plantation south to Cowleaze Corner and east as far as the Elephant and Castle.

What was a watercourse off the Highmoor Brook to land with The Deanery can be clearly seen and was used for fish farming.

Cobb House is the only vicarage by now, the other two houses of the three-portion being in private hands, one Churchgate house the other now called Kilmore House.

Glebelands houses were not yet built, they didn't come until the 1960s.

The lake with Weald Manor House to its left used to freeze over and the owners of the Manor House used to invite locals to skate on it. Mr & Mrs Colvile lent the field to the west of the lake to the local football club but as it wasn't large enough for the side to play in a certain league, they had to find a new home and for a while used a field at the east end of New Road.

Bampton Community Archive

Results 1 to 10 of 15