Showing 19 results

Archival description
Bampton Community Archive Agriculture and Farming
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

19 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Ham Court farmhouse & barns seen from the Bampton-Clanfield Road

  • BCA - 2017.1098
  • Item
  • 2010

This is a picture of Ham Court farmhouse and the great barn seen from the Bampton-Clanfield road by the two dwellings just before reaching the 30mph sign, before alterations to the barn by the present owners Emma Bridgewater.

Bampton Community Archive

Milk churn stand outside Weald Farm, Weald Street

  • BCA - 2017.1099
  • Item
  • 2008

A milk churn stand outside Weald Farm in Weald Street, a left-over from the days when milk was collected in churns and not a bulk tanker.

Bampton Community Archive

Hands-on sculpture lesson in West Ox Arts Gallery April 1997

  • BCA - 2019.1988
  • Item
  • April 1997

Sculptor Pat Elmore's students held an exhibition in the West Ox Arts gallery and in the picture beginners Adrian Williams and Sally Proctor are seen trying their hand with Pat's guidance.The cutting is from the Faringdon Folly April 1997.

Bampton Community Archive

Well found inside Castle View

  • BCA - 2019.2055
  • Item
  • 2003

When work was done at Castle View, which at one time was Castle View farmhouse, a well was found. When the work to modernise was completed, the well was covered over and is now under part of the kitchen.

Bampton Community Archive

Morgan Brothers in financial difficulties 2011

  • BCA - 2019.2150
  • Item
  • March 2011

This newspaper cutting talks about the financial problems of the Morgan Brothers. They own and rent much land in Sharney which is close to the Thames SE of Weald, so there is local concern about the farming of their fields.

Bampton Community Archive

Sales brochure for the Lew House Estate 2019

  • BCA - 2019.2154
  • Item
  • 2019

Lew House and the attached estate was put on the market in 2019. It could all be sold as one item or lots of land could be purchased separately. This Knight Frank sales brochure gives all the details.

Bampton Community Archive

Sweet Briar Cottage when it was thatched

  • BCA - 2019.2166
  • Item
  • first half C20th

This charming little cottage used to be called Pedlar's Patch and today is called Sweet Briar. The gate is next to Emmies on Bridge Street and the house is set back from the road, behind other cottages.

Bampton Community Archive

Thatched hayricks

  • BCA - 2019.2173
  • Item
  • first half twentieth century

Bampton Community Archive

Results 1 to 10 of 19