Ordnance Survey Plan SP3203-3303. 1971 Extending from Mt Owen Rd east inc. Gogg Lane, Aston Road and part of Aston. showing the following places: New Road White Owl Farm Bradshaw Close Kenlincott Kiln Close Back Lane Greenacres Lane Elmside Barry House Ferndale Back Cottage
Byeways Laundry Lane Kingsway Farm High Street West End The Limes West End Farm Home Farm House Greens Row Elvina Aston Ditch Mercury Close Beam Cottage Old Gasworks Building New Road The Willows St Andrews
These three maps are all labelled as 2nd edition 1899. They cover the area Central Bampton, north & south, east nearly to Aston, Black Bourton south to Cowleaze Corner, east to Elephant & Castle in Bridge Street and Mt Owen Rd, west to road going up to Lew now called Station Road. They not only show the buildings but someone has written on in pencil when certain plots were sold and to whom. Interesting to see the clear fish-farming area with the Deanery then called Deanery Farm, Cobb House simply called Vicarage, Churchgate House called Trinity Vicarage. The third vicarage is today called Kilmore House and is almost opposite the East window of St. Mary's. What today is called Bridge Street was then called Mill Street and the mill was just to the left of path to Sandford Field from Bridge St. The legend is the mill wheel was buried in the plot to the left of the brook walking to the field from Bridge St and the tree there today was planted at its centre.