Showing 24 results

Archival description
Item Maps With digital objects
Print preview View:

2nd edition maps of 1899 Bampton, Black Bourton, Mt Owen Road

  • BCA - 2020.2393
  • Item
  • 1899

These three maps are all labelled as 2nd edition 1899. They cover the area Central Bampton, north & south, east nearly to Aston, Black Bourton south to Cowleaze Corner, east to Elephant & Castle in Bridge Street and Mt Owen Rd, west to road going up to Lew now called Station Road.
They not only show the buildings but someone has written on in pencil when certain plots were sold and to whom.
Interesting to see the clear fish-farming area with the Deanery then called Deanery Farm, Cobb House simply called Vicarage, Churchgate House called Trinity Vicarage. The third vicarage is today called Kilmore House and is almost opposite the East window of St. Mary's.
What today is called Bridge Street was then called Mill Street and the mill was just to the left of path to Sandford Field from Bridge St. The legend is the mill wheel was buried in the plot to the left of the brook walking to the field from Bridge St and the tree there today was planted at its centre.

Bampton Community Archive

1974 OS map of Bampton and Aston

  • BCA - 2020.2402
  • Item
  • 1974

This Ordinance Survey map was produced in 1974 and covers the area from Hobbs buildings/Deanery Farm in the north, due east to Coal Pit Farm, south to Bampton centre, on south to Weald, east to Aston and south to the Radcot Cut and Great Brook and the Thames.

Bampton Community Archive

1913 map of Weald, west to Marsh Lane on east edge of Clanfield

  • BCA - 2020.2394
  • Item
  • 1913

This map is from 1913 and covers the area from Marsh Lane on the eastern edge of Clanfield west across Weald. However, all of Bridge Street, half the Talbot Inn, the west side of the Market Square, the South side of Church Street and Church View are all in Weald and they are not shown here, possibly because the map was for agricultural purposes. There are some very interesting notes added in pencil.

Bampton Community Archive

1797 Map showing Bampton Hundred

  • BCA - 2022.3819
  • Item
  • 1797

Map showing Oxfordshire area from Westwell to Curbridge and Kelmscot to Coat (Cote) Common, Bampton Hundred,
plus segment showing St Giles, Oxford.
Published by R. Davis Lewknor August 1797 and indicating:
Alvescot, Asthrop Farm, Aston, Bampton and Aston Fields, Bampton in the Bush, Barley Park, Black Bourton, Brize Norton, Broadwell Grove, Broughton, Burwell Farm, Caswell, Clanfield, Clarks Wier, Claywell, Coat, Curbridge, David Wier, Ducklington, Ducklington, Eaton Hastings, Eaton Hastings, Friars Court, Grafton, Great Lemhill, Harts Wier, Holwell, Kelmscot, Kencote, Langfiord, Lew Barrow, Lew Barrow, Little Clanfield, March Haddon, Nans Wier, Nethber Filkins, New Mill, Ouseham Mill, Over Filkins, Oxley, Radcot, Rushey , Shill Farm, Shilton, Signet, Starvehall Farm, Sworn Leys, Tadpole and Bridge, Ten Foot Wier, Turnpike, Westwell, Witney Park, ,

Janet Westman

Results 21 to 24 of 24