This map is from 1913 and covers the area from Marsh Lane on the eastern edge of Clanfield west across Weald. However, all of Bridge Street, half the Talbot Inn, the west side of the Market Square, the South side of Church Street and Church View are all in Weald and they are not shown here, possibly because the map was for agricultural purposes. There are some very interesting notes added in pencil.
This map was produced in 1922 and shows the field system as well as the parliamentary boundaries as at 1918.
There are many interesting notes written on in pencil. The water tower and gas works along the Aston Road were in existence. The allotment gardens NW of Beam Cottage are labelled as is the gravel pit to the SW of Beam Cottage.
There are no houses to the north of New Road and none to the south of it going east from Bushey Row.
Rushy Weir is shown clearly as is the tow path to the south side of the river Thames.
This Ordinance Survey map was produced in 1974 and covers the area from Hobbs buildings/Deanery Farm in the north, due east to Coal Pit Farm, south to Bampton centre, on south to Weald, east to Aston and south to the Radcot Cut and Great Brook and the Thames.
These three maps are all labelled as 2nd edition 1899. They cover the area Central Bampton, north & south, east nearly to Aston, Black Bourton south to Cowleaze Corner, east to Elephant & Castle in Bridge Street and Mt Owen Rd, west to road going up to Lew now called Station Road. They not only show the buildings but someone has written on in pencil when certain plots were sold and to whom. Interesting to see the clear fish-farming area with the Deanery then called Deanery Farm, Cobb House simply called Vicarage, Churchgate House called Trinity Vicarage. The third vicarage is today called Kilmore House and is almost opposite the East window of St. Mary's. What today is called Bridge Street was then called Mill Street and the mill was just to the left of path to Sandford Field from Bridge St. The legend is the mill wheel was buried in the plot to the left of the brook walking to the field from Bridge St and the tree there today was planted at its centre.